In this issue
Could a robot do your job?
Education’s ‘real scandal’ revealed
Pay talks to start this month
Parents lack childcare support
Libraries and promotions on agenda
Health service promotions details agreed
Low pay and pensions in spotlight
Are you practising social care work?
by Lughan Deane

Are you a project worker, access worker, outreach worker, childcare worker, community worker, or similar, who is practicing social care work in your current role?

If so, you could be considered a ‘social care worker’ for the purposes of professional registration, even if your job title is something else. But if you’re somehow engaged in the practise of the profession of social care worker, you may soon be subject to CORU registration and regulation regardless of your job title.

That’s why IMPACT is asking members effectively engaged in the social care profession to let us know, so that we can ensure you benefit from all the supports available to IMPACT members – including advice and representation in ‘fitness to practise’ cases.

We can also tie you in with your IMPACT social care worker professional group.

Workers across a wide variety of sectors (like homelessness, disability, older persons and addiction service) are engaged in social care work, even though ‘social care worker’ may not appear in their job titles. For instance, a project worker in homeless services could well be engaged in social care work and would need to register as a social care professional.

It is important that you identify yourself to IMPACT so that we can include you and your views in the work that we do on the issues that matter to you in your profession.

Email us at stating that you are engaged in social care work and what your job title is in your service.

LikeLike (0) | Facebook Twitter LinkedIn