Welcome to the first edition of IMPACT's Early Education newsletter.
IMPACT, as the union representing workers in the Early Education sector, campaigns for the best interests of children when it comes to early years care and education. Ciairín de Buis has joined the IMPACT team and brings her unique and valuable experience to guiding IMPACT on the road ahead, building on the foundations created by Start Strong's Early Years campaign.
The newsletter is dedicated to making childcare and family leave a key election issue through our Early Years #IMPACTEarlyEd campaign and to keep you informed of campaign developments.
For the first time in many years, the State has money to invest in services that matter. We believe that nothing matters more than our young children's futures.
There are three crises in Ireland's early years sector - quality, affordability and accessibility.
Our Early Years #GE16 Campaign proposes a plan of investment that addresses all three areas, and asks candidates to make a Promise to Children.
But we can't do this alone. In order to make a real impact on the next Government, we need all our supporters to rally behind us.
- We encourage you all to visit our website and use our materials so that, when election candidates come to your door, you're equipped to ask them if they will commit to early years.
- Download and print our campaign leaflet, or ask us to post some out to you - just email email@example.com with your details and we'll do the rest!
- Get your neighbours, family, friends and work colleagues involved. Discuss the election and why early years matters. Show them our leaflet and point them towards our website.
- Spread the messages of our campaign by using #EarlyYears #GE16 on social media, download our Twibbon for your profile pictures and encourage your followers to do the same.
- Together we can make this election an election for young children!